GRUNDTVIG Workshop Tyniec 2012
The Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec, Poland
invites to International Workshop:
"At the Roots of the United Europe - Relevance of the Benedictine Culture and Tradition" - 16-21 April 2012
Feel the atmosphere of the oldest monastery in Poland!
During the workshop you will be able to:
• get to know the place of the Benedictine heritage in Europe both in history and modern times
• discover the fascinating world of medieval scriptorium - the legislative history of manuscripts, letters styles, and the basis of calligraphy, the basic techniques of medieval illumination, etc.
• discover the Gregorian chant and music in the Benedictine tradition
• discover the Benedictine monastic cuisine based on traditional recipes and products associated with the Benedictine tradition
Who can participate:
• adults, interested in history, art and the monastic traditions in Europe, open for new cultures and interested in intercultural education
• adults from one of the Programme countries (namely: 27 Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey)*
Working language: EN
Workshop Organizer: The Benedictine Abbey of St. Peter and Paul in Tyniec
Contact details: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
tel. : +48 12 6885266
The workshop is free of charge!!!
Application till 15th of February 2012 !!!
*Polish citizens are eligible to participate in the workshop but cannot be funded by Grundtvig Programme.
‘This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.'